4 ways you can track your lost phone

Voor alles wat niet specifiek over een platform gaat, maar wel over gaming.
newcomebrick

4 ways you can track your lost phone

Post by newcomebrick » Sat 01 Dec 2018, 14:12

Now you've gone and done it, you botched things up horribly. You just had to be careless with your phone on that night out drinking. Just had to leave your phone unattended on a crowded beach. But don't worry, lost or stolen, there's reason to panic just yet. There are lots of ways to locate a phone remotely.

peanutsinverse

Re: 4 ways you can track your lost phone

Post by peanutsinverse » Sat 01 Dec 2018, 14:14

Once it shows your phone location on the map, you have the option to make the phone ring, in case you’ve just lost it around your house or workplace, activate “Lost mode”, or erase your data. Make sure you don’t jump the gun on that third option because, once you erase your data, Find my iPhone won’t work anymore.

newcomebrick

Post by newcomebrick » Sat 01 Dec 2018, 14:15

Activating Lost mode lets you lock the phone and display a custom message with a phone number, allowing someone who’s found the phone a chance to contact you and return it. Lost mode also lets you reactivate location services in case it has been turned off. The important thing is that the thief can’t disconnect your phone from iCloud services, turn off Find My iPhone or erase your data, if you’re using iOS7 or higher. This is thanks to Activation lock, which only lets you do any of those things once you input your Apple ID password. However, they CAN turn off your data and WiFi, thereby negating the location service. However, since they can’t erase the phone or turn off location services, you can ask Apple to notify you the next time they go online (of course they will, they just stole a smartphone), so you don’t need to have Find My iPhone open all day.

peanutsinverse

Post by peanutsinverse » Sat 01 Dec 2018, 14:15

newcomebrick wrote:
Sat 01 Dec 2018, 14:15
Activating Lost mode lets you lock the phone and display a custom message with a phone number, allowing someone who’s found the phone a chance to contact you and return it. Lost mode also lets you reactivate location services in case it has been turned off. The important thing is that the thief can’t disconnect your phone from iCloud services, turn off Find My iPhone or erase your data, if you’re using iOS7 or higher. This is thanks to Activation lock, which only lets you do any of those things once you input your Apple ID password. However, they CAN turn off your data and WiFi, thereby negating the location service. However, since they can’t erase the phone or turn off location services, you can ask Apple to notify you the next time they go online (of course they will, they just stole a smartphone), so you don’t need to have Find My iPhone open all day.

4. Dropbox camera uploadInterestingly, you can, in certain cases, also use Dropbox to track your phone, if by chance you have the app installed. Your phone needs to be online for this, and you need to have turned on the “Camera Upload” setting in the app.

loveapprove

Post by loveapprove » Mon 03 Dec 2018, 12:17

This is a query that an Android user sent us a few days back about data recovery from phone memory. These days, it is quite common to have an internal storage of 64, 128, and even 256 GB on Android phones. Due to this, the use of SD cards has been drastically decreased. While it might seem convenient at first, it comes with its own catch. For instance, it can be tough to recover photos from phone memory instead of an SD card. See how to recover data from Android SD card here. Nevertheless, by using the right data recovery phone memory software, you can certainly retrieve the lost and deleted content from the internal memory of your phone. In this guide, I will teach you how to recover deleted files from Android phone’s internal memory in three different ways.