lower blood sugars and weight loss?

Voor alles wat niet in de Wii-, DS- of retro-fora past, maar wel over Nintendo gaat.
scarceflordon

lower blood sugars and weight loss?

Post by scarceflordon » Sun 06 Jan 2019, 17:08

Hi, I want to know if going from the low to mid 200 range down to sub 100 will this alone cause or help me to lose weight?
My doctor recently gave me a sample of Victoza and it has been working very well to control my blood sugars.
But my insurance won't cover it. So my doctor said in a month when I see her again she will prescribe Trulicity.
With the addition of Victoza my blood sugars in the morning before eating went from the low to mid 200's
down to sub 100, today I was 85 and this is the lowest I've ever seen it since I was diagnosed back in 2008.
I was in the process of trying to get approved for gastric bypass, or the sleeve. But now my BMI is lower than 35.
And a BMI of 35 or higher is a requirement to get my insurance to cover the cost. So I think that idea is now out.
So now I plan on trying to lose weight without bariatric surgery. I want to lose like 40+ pounds at least.
I went through my meds and looked up info on all of them and decided to stop taking the ones that can cause weight gain.
And only stick with the ones that are either weight neutral or are known to help weight lose. And so far my blood sugars have not sacrificed
going up since stopping these other meds.

borrowerlifting

Re: lower blood sugars and weight loss?

Post by borrowerlifting » Sun 06 Jan 2019, 17:09

Welcome you were taking other meds were they diabetic related. If you do not lower carbs hard to say if the weight will drop are you eating less. Great your numbers are dropping give it time.

belfastdurtrees

Post by belfastdurtrees » Sun 06 Jan 2019, 17:09

borrowerlifting wrote:
Sun 06 Jan 2019, 17:09
Welcome you were taking other meds were they diabetic related. If you do not lower carbs hard to say if the weight will drop are you eating less. Great your numbers are dropping give it time.

The meds I stopped were. Glimepiride 8mg daily, which my endocrinologist suggested to my doctor that I should stop taking becasue he said over time it can cause you to stop making insulin.
Lisinopril 20 mg once a day. and Tradjenta 5 mg once a day. The glimepiride and tradgenta are for diabetes. The lisinopril is for blood pressure. But I take other meds for diabetes and other meds for blood pressure so I think I'm fine. I'm still taking Lantus insulin which I hear can cause weight gain but my insulin is just one diabetes medication that I don't think I'm ready to part with, but I'd like to take a smaller dose or come off it if I can later.

sockgraves

Post by sockgraves » Sun 06 Jan 2019, 17:10

I'm also taking meds that I read can help with weight lose like Fenofibrate 160mg once daily for my triglycerides. I wish I could stop taking other meds too but I just can't. Such as seroquel 200mg once daily and latuda 120mg once daily, for schizoaffective disorder. I take the latuda for depression and the seroquel for sleep.

scarceflordon

Post by scarceflordon » Sun 06 Jan 2019, 17:10

I kind of want to try the extended release metformin but I'm not sure if my insurance will cover the extended release. I hear with the extended release that there is less stomach upset. With regular metformin I've always had issues with like chemical reaction burning diarrhea. Thats why I don't take it. But I heat metformin can help with weight lose, so I'm still interested.

borrowerlifting

Post by borrowerlifting » Sun 06 Jan 2019, 17:11

scarceflordon wrote:
Sun 06 Jan 2019, 17:10
I kind of want to try the extended release metformin but I'm not sure if my insurance will cover the extended release. I hear with the extended release that there is less stomach upset. With regular metformin I've always had issues with like chemical reaction burning diarrhea. Thats why I don't take it. But I heat metformin can help with weight lose, so I'm still interested.

The extended release is very cheap about $10.00 but I understand no need to stop the Lisinopril. You need the serequel it is well know to raise BG bg and I think extended met is a good idea.

belfastdurtrees

Post by belfastdurtrees » Sun 06 Jan 2019, 17:11

Like wow just amazing I would love that number. Keep up and keep at it to lose weight watch the carb intake.

sockgraves

Post by sockgraves » Sun 06 Jan 2019, 17:12

The body stores glucose which is released if you go low. To low might be 79 but many non diabetics are fine in the 60s and believe me I have had many lows you will be fine.

scarceflordon

Post by scarceflordon » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 13:14

You want to drop pounds, now. And you want to do it safely. But how? I discovered this diet plan when I needed to lose weight quickly. I had a fitness exam and needed to lose five pounds, but I wanted a healthy weight-loss plan, not one that would tell me to starve myself. This plan worked for me, and if you want to lose 8-16 pounds in 2 weeks, you have come to the right place. If you want to more details please visit here The Best Routine To Loose Weight Faster.